Monday 20 August 2012

All at Sea ...

I recently had the great pleasure of being asked to guest design for Ooh La La Creations for the month of August - how exciting is that!   This is my second challenge and the theme is 'All at Sea', make sure you pop over to the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog where you will find lots of great inspiration and full details of the challenge.

I chose the lovely image 'Devon' from the Water Colour Memories CD, it took me ages to decide which image to use because there are some gorgeous ones to choose from, this is my card:


I printed the image on water colour card and layered everything onto Core'dinations card stock.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below:

This inside of my card has been decorated to complement the front:


CARD RECIPE:

Image: Ooh La La Creations - Water Colour Memories CD
Papers:  Ooh La La Creations - Water Colour Memories CD
Card Stock:  Crafter's Companion - Core'dinations
Tools:  Spellbinders - Nautical Frame and Accents and Classic Squares (inside card)
Embellishments:  string from stash
Sentiment:  computer generated

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - N for Nautical
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge 24 - The Sea
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge 219 - Square Cards
Papelitos Stamps Challenge 7 - Celebrations
Paper Crafting Journey - Happy Birthday/Celebration
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge 84 - Splish, Splash, Splosh!
Our Craft Lounge Challenge 130 - What Floats Your Boat?
Craft Your Days Away Challenge 52 - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge 27 - Summer
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 145 - Strings the thing!

Make sure you  pop over to the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog where you will find lots of great inspiration and full details of the challenge.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, thank you so much for joining me this morning, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

21 comments:

Jan said...

This is so serene just beautiful xx Jan

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Pauline what a super card you’ve made I love all the details , that anchor is fab and the inside is gorgeous too
Great work
Well done Hugs Elaine

Victoria said...

A beautiful scene. I love the knotted rope and the krafty waves at the bottom. I really like how you've done the sentiment too. I don't normally get tempted by CDs as I prefer my stamps, but this one does look really good!

Liz said...

Lovely card Thanks for playing this week at C4E.
Liz

Claire said...

This is a wonderful card Pauline, I love the image and fabulous layout. Hugs, Claire x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Love the delicate colours on this card Pauline - wonderful card as always! Helen x

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT post Pauline. Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and all the wonderful detailing.

Sue

Rosietoes said...

Super card Pauline. Love the scene and the attention to detail. x

Edna x

Carol said...

Love this Pauline, your finishing touches are perfect. Carol x

Vic McGuckin said...

Wow Pauline.. Amazing card... love the picture, love the backing papers... just love the card.

Vic x

Michelle J M said...

Oh this is beautiful Pauline. Love the anchor and the wave dies. Gorgeous detail! Michelle x

rachel said...

stunning as ever Pauline - and congrats on your GDT post! Hugs rachel xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline ti is wonderful that you are a GDT with OLLCB I love working with you you are full of such wonderful inspiration, this is an absolutely gorgeous card I really love the image you have chosen to use also the fabulous papers and design a superb card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Love it. Gorgeous backing papers. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card. Love that nautical scene it has so much detail.

Hugs
jayne

Pat K said...

Very beautiful card Pauline. I love that you printed the image on watercolour paper and the anchor is a perfect finishing touch. pat k.x

Gale said...

Beautiful card, Pauline. I love the soft colors and that anchor is just great. Thanks for joining in the challenge at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I really love your layout and the way it carries through to the inside and your little additions are fab!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

michele said...

Thank-you so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Wow!!This is an amazing card! Love all the deminsion,texture & emblishments.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Roxx.T

paper fun said...

Breath taking card. So lovely and that anchor is perfect.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari